Crypto debit cards are important Web 3.0 innovations that allow the spending of cryptocurrency anywhere and everywhere, so if you want to live in the future and start spending cryptocurrency, even at payment points that accept “cash only,” you should consider our Top 4 Picks among the best Crypto Debit Cards.
The major criteria for ranking these cards above others include, but are not limited to:
- Range of cryptocurrencies supported
- Range of countries where the card is acceptable
- Fees charged
- Rewards (cashback and other bonuses)
- Card security features.
Without further ado, let us explore the top 4 crypto debit cards in 2022, their unique features, as well as their pros and cons.
- Coinbase Visa card
- Wirex Visa card
- Binance Visa card
- Crypto.com Visa card
Coinbase Visa Card – Best Security
The Coinbase Card supports around 8 cryptocurrencies, including the popular Bitcoin and Ethereum. Not only can the card be used at Points of Sale (POS), but it can also be used to withdraw cash from ATM stands that accept Visa cards.
Residents in the U.K. and Europe are required to pay £4.95 or €4.95 for fresh issuance or card replacement and a 2.49% liquidation fee when converting crypto to fiat.
Pros and Cons of the Coinbase Visa Card
- It has a mobile app for monitoring your account, from where you can get detailed account statements and transaction receipts.
- It can be used anywhere Visa Cards are accepted, including ATMs.
- It doesn’t require users to pay periodical fees such as monthly or annual fees.
- It has pin protection, instant card freeze, 2-factor verification, and other top security features to protect users.
- The card cannot be used without owning a Coinbase account.
- A 2.49% liquidation fee per transaction may be quite expensive.
- Card issuance is not free.
Wirex Visa Card – Widest Range
The Wirex visa card is the best in terms of Range – It supports 30+ cryptocurrencies and converts to over 150 national currencies across the U.S., Europe, as well as some Asian and Pacific countries. Wirex cashback could also be as high as 8%.
Pros and Cons of The Wirex Visa Card
- There are no liquidation fees when making purchases.
- It has a huge range of currency support (150+ national fiat currencies and 30+ cryptocurrencies).
- Card issuance is free, and there are no periodical fees charged.
- Users can earn commissions for referrals.
- Free ATM withdrawals (up to 400 SGD monthly).
- Users can earn interest on their Bitcoin, Ethereum, and fiat holdings.
- High daily limits.
- Its 1% deposit fee from a crypto account is small, but it could be free (Although, when making deposits with other debits or credit cards, no fees are charged).
- Users cannot enjoy cashback and other rewards without holding Wirex “WXT” tokens.
Binance Visa Card – Highest Cashback
The Binance Visa Card’s selling point is its high cashback at a possible 8%. In addition, it supports 12 cryptocurrencies, which can be used for POS, online, or ATM withdrawals.
Pros and Cons of The Binance Visa Card
- High cashback of 8%.
- No issuance or periodical fees.
- The Binance card has a low range, as it is only available in Europe.
- Only users with a balance of 600 BNB in their wallet can receive maximum cashback rewards.
- Its withdrawal fee of 0.9% is low but could be better
Crypto.com Visa Card – Best for shopping and online purchases
The Crypto.com Visa Card is probably the most adopted so far, with 10 million users, as of 2021; beyond crypto, it can also spend fiat deposited into the wallet. It has five card tiers, each of which can only be obtained based on a Crypto.com token (CRO) stake. They include:
Midnight Blue - $0 stake
Ruby Steel - $400 stake
Royal Indigo & Jade Green - $4,000 stake
Frosted Rose Gold & Icy White - $40,000 stake
Obsidian - $400,000 stake
Pros and Cons of Crypto.com Visa Card
- It has a wide range of support, as it can be spent at lounges across 400 global airports; it is also the most compatible crypto card for streaming apps like Netflix, Spotify, Amazon prime, etc.
- ATM withdrawals are free (up to $1,000)
- Cashback of up to 8%
- Supports 80+ cryptocurrencies and 20+ fiat currencies
- Users must complete KYC
- Users must hold CRO tokens to waive fees
- Higher card tiers get rewards and cash backs; in fact, the lowest card tier has no exclusive benefit.
- Transaction fees are low.
You can select any of these cards based on your preferred perk – low fees, a wider range of crypto supported, cash backs, etc. However, beyond these four, several other crypto debit cards and even credit cards exist. You may visit their individual websites for more details on how to purchase any of the cards.
For More Beginner Tips, As Well As Detailed Guides On Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology, Do Well To Visit The Cwallet Blog (Previously CCTIP Blog) And Follow Our Social Media Communities: